Touchstone Energy® Home
An energy efficient home is one that saves you money. Let DEMCO assist you in making positive changes to your home that will help lower your monthly energy bill. The Touchstone Energy® Home is an excellent program designed to help DEMCO members with building an energy efficient home that is all-electric. Technically, the use of these features means that a home's energy requirements for heating and cooling can be reduced by as much as 40 percent over a conventionally constructed home while maintaining and even improving comfort levels. As DEMCO has always placed a high priority on energy efficiency, this program provides the consumer with a roadmap to building an energy efficient home and helps to offset some costs of the program with special incentives.
The key features in building a Touchstone Energy® Home are:
- R-19 composite wall insulation
- R-30 ceiling insulation
- Attic ventilation
- R-19 floor insulation over crawl spaces
- Double pane windows or single pane with storm windows
- Metal insulated doors or solid core wood doors
- Infiltration controls to help prevent air from leaking into and out of the home
- Exhaust systems in bathrooms and kitchen
- An exterior house wrap
- Metal duct systems with minimum 3" insulation wrap
- An energy-efficient electric water heater (a special one-time rebate of $125 offered by DEMCO)
- A high-efficiency electric heat pump (a special one-time rebate of 10 cents per square foot of living area available)
If you are planning to build a new home, you should take a closer look at the features of this program. If you'd like to find out more, contact DEMCO at 225-262-3020.