Foundation Scholarship Program
The purpose of the DEMCO Foundation Scholarship Program is to provide assistance to DEMCO members who are seeking to better themselves through attending a university, trade school, vocational or technical schools, community college and/or other forms of educational programs in the state of Louisiana.
The deadline for scholarship applications is the third Thursday in June for the Fall Semester and the third Thursday in December for the Spring Semester. The DEMCO Foundation will award several scholarships in the amount of $1,250.00. The number of scholarships awarded will be determined after all scholarship applications are received. Funds are to be used for payment of educational expenses such as tuition, books, and fees. Payment of scholarships will be made directly to the applicant’s school of attendance.
- Applicant must be a DEMCO member, as defined by DEMCO Foundation Bylaws (see definition below).
- Applicant must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicant must plan to attend a trade school, vocational or technical school, community college or other such Louisiana institution.
Applicant must submit a completed DEMCO Foundation Scholarship Application and all supporting documentation to the DEMCO Foundation office. The application package should include the following:
- an official transcript including the most recently completed coursework
- a 2.5 cumulative GPA on an overall 4.0 scale
- a minimum of three(3) letters of recommendation of which none can be from a family member, DEMCO board member or DEMCO Foundation board member.
- an acceptance letter from the school of choice for first time or transferring students
- a cover letter by the applicant detailing reasons for consideration
Recipients are eligible to apply for a maximum lifetime scholarship award of four (4) semesters per individual.
Excerpt from ARTICLE II, DEMCO Foundation Bylaws
Definition of DEMCO Member:
“For the purposes of these Articles of Incorporation, DEMCO members are defined as those individuals who are members of Dixie Electric Membership Corporation and the members of their immediate family. Members of the immediate family shall mean those natural persons regularly residing in the member’s home which is served by DEMCO.”