The DEMCO Foundation is a non-profit charitable organization established in 1997 as a subsidiary of DEMCO to provide assistance to members in times of need. DEMCO members are eligible to apply for funding of up to $2,500 per calendar year.
Funded through a voluntary program called Operation Roundup®, DEMCO members throughout our seven-parish service area "round up" their monthly bill to the nearest dollar and contribute that extra change to the DEMCO Foundation. About two-thirds of DEMCO members participate each year, and the average contribution by each is $6.00. Since its inception, the DEMCO Foundation has granted over $5.8 million to assist DEMCO members through a hardship. DEMCO takes great pride in the DEMCO Foundation, as it provides a mechanism for our members to give back to the community.
If you would like additional information on DEMCO Foundation, please contact the office at (225) 262-2141.
The DEMCO Foundation will not pay utility bills nor grant money to political issues, candidates or campaigns. No funds are given directly to the applying individual. Only individuals who are DEMCO members, not groups or organizations, are eligible for funding.
Community Relations Specialist
P.O. Box 15659
Baton Rouge, LA 70895
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program – Home energy bill assistance
- Louisiana Emergency Rental Assistance Program - Rental assistance for Louisiana residents facing financial hardships as a result of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Dept. of Children And Family Services - SNAP Benefits, DSNAP-Assistance
- La. Workforce Commission - Unemployment benefits
- Catholic Charities - Various assistance based on the availability of funds
- Baton Rouge Food Bank - Food for those in need within the community
- Volunteers of America - Housing, Veteran Services, Disability Services
- Capitol Area United Way - Dial 2-1-1 for resource information
- St. Vincent De Paul - Food Pantry, Prescription assistance
- Livingston Council on Aging - Meals on wheels, personal shopping during COVID-19 pandemic (for Livingston Parish residents 60 or older)
- EBR Council on Aging - Meals on Wheels, Food Assistance
- Medicaid - Medical Coverage
- Louisiana Health Services, Louisiana Department of Health
- Louisiana Medicaid Health Finder
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Medicaid Information